Read our Annual Workplace Trend Forecasts
Every year, Workplace Intelligence founder Dan Schawbel publishes his “Workplace Trends Forecast”, a set of the ten most important trends impacting employers for the upcoming year.
These trends are based on hundreds of conversations with human resource executives and workers, a series of national and global online surveys and secondary research from more than 450 different primary and secondary research sources, including think tanks, consulting companies, non-profits, the government and trade associations. The reports are published during the first week of November each year and have been read by over one million people since 2012.
How Trends Are Captured
- Primary research. We survey thousands of companies and employees annually on various HR topics, including training, diversity, recruiting, employee benefits and innovation.
- Secondary research. We review third party studies from over 450 research sources, including consulting firms, associations and Universities. Some of sources include McKinsey, Harvard, SHRM, Accenture, Gallup and Pew Research.
- Executive conversations. We hold ongoing conversations with leaders at a variety of companies to learn about the trends that are most impacting their business.
Workplace Trends Forecast By Year
- 2022 – The Top 10 Workplace Trends 2023
- 2021 – The Top 10 Workplace Trends 2022
- 2020 – The Top 10 Workplace Trends 2021
- 2019 – The Top 10 Workplace Trends 2020
- 2018 – The Top 10 Workplace Trends 2019
- 2017 – The Top 10 Workplace Trends 2018
- 2016 – The Top 10 Workplace Trends 2017
- 2015 – The Top 10 Workplace Trends 2016
- 2014 – The Top 10 Workplace Trends 2015
- 2013 – The Top 10 Workplace Trends 2014
- 2012 – The Top 10 Workplace Trends 2013