Read our Annual Workplace Intelligence Forecasts
– Sue Shellenbarger
Columnist, The Wall Street Journal
Every year, Workplace Intelligence founder Dan Schawbel publishes his “Workplace Trends Forecast”, a set of the ten most important trends impacting employers for the upcoming year.
These trends are based on hundreds of conversations with human resource executives and workers, a series of national and global online surveys and secondary research from more than 450 different primary and secondary research sources, including think tanks, consulting companies, non-profits, the government and trade associations. The reports are published every November 1st for the upcoming year on Forbes and have been read by over one million people since 2013.
How Trends Are Captured
Primary Research. We survey thousands of companies and employees annually on various HR topics, including training, diversity, recruiting, employee benefits and innovation.
Secondary Research. We review third party studies from over 450 research sources, including consulting firms, associations and Universities. Some of sources include McKinsey, Harvard, SHRM, Accenture, Gallup and Pew Research.
HR Conversations. We hold ongoing conversations with leaders at a variety of companies to learn about the trends that are most impacting their business.
Workplace Trends Forecast By Year
- 2021 – The top-10 Workplace Trends 2021
- 2020 – The Top-10 Workplace Trends 2020
- 2019 – The Top-10 Workplace Trends 2019
- 2018 – The Top-10 Workplace Trends 2018
- 2017 – The Top-10 Workplace Trends 2017
- 2016 – The Top-10 Workplace Trends 2016
- 2015 – The Top-10 Workplace Trends 2015
- 2014 – The Top-10 Workplace Trends 2014
- 2013 – The Top-10 Workplace Trends 2013